Monday, August 10, 2015

The Last Day I Was Pregnant

The last day I was pregnant. 
My forth pregnancy. I'm carrying a baby girl. 

Just a few reflections as this season draws to an end:

Lincoln (26 months) likes to blow raspberries on my belly as I tell him over and over "Be sweet. Baby?" And then he proceeds to jam his finger in my belly button. 
Or how about when he is struggling to find a comfy spot in my lap but baby is taking up all the space? It's really pretty adorable and something I don't want to forget.

Martin. He's far past seven and a half now. He is almost 8. I remembered everything at 8. I am so glad that he will always remember this time and the day his Mommy gave birth to his 2nd sister. His sweet and tender hugs and nose snuggles to my belly right now are the best. The way he looks up at me and asks how many more days. "Mary will be here in how many weeks?"  He is already an awesome big brother but I know our new addition is only going to bring out more of his tender and responsible side as he loves on a new baby girl. 

Emi. Oh Emi. She hasn't stopped talking about "Mary". 
- Mom, maybe when Mary is old enough I can teach her to braid. 
- Mom, maybe Mary can wear these shoes when she is six, so long as they don't get ruined in our garage for the next 10 years.
Emi loves Lincoln so much and plays with him constantly. I know her and Mary will share a special special sisterly bond. 

OH MISS MARY, you're going to be here tomorrow!! You won't be in my belly anymore. You'll be in my arms. I won't feel your tiny little fists through my skin anymore, they'll be clinging tightly to my finger. My stomach won't ever be hard as a rock for a solid 22hrs from endless braxton hicks contractions! I will never feel your back balled up tight inside me again- or are those your knees? I can finally stop eating 6 tums a night and sleep on my belly again! 
I know tomorrow when I see your face I will stare at you amazed. Amazed at how beautiful you are. Amazed at how tiny you are. Amazed that I GREW YOU!! Me! With a little help from Daddy and Jesus! Ha ha! I did it! I made it through 39 long weeks of dreaming about you. So even though it hasn't been easy carrying you this whole time, I am certainly happy to see this last day of pregnancy coming to an end and a new day of holding another daughter when the sun comes up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment