Monday, July 6, 2015

The Summer Before Mary Part I

Mary, as of tomorrow Mommy is officially 5 weeks away from your scheduled arrival. I have to be honest, the last few days have not been easy and today I feel just awful.
We just came out of 4th of July weekend. It's hot and we have loads of laundry to get caught up on. The swelling in the evenings is getting a little ridiculous. The other night I had to peel my yoga capris off my legs and I had nice hem line indentions in my calves. Very attractive. Don't get me wrong, I feel incredibly blessed to have you and we are all extremely excited to meet you next month but it doesn't change the fact that this is all very hard to manage. All the bending and cleaning and picking up after the kids is so not fun. Acid reflux and eating 3-5 tums a night just to get to sleep. I'm pretty sure I woke up 12x the other night to pee. I may be exaggerating but not by much. Yes I am complaining. This is a post of me complaining. I'm allowed to vocalize my feelings on occasion. Aside from all the DOWNS of being pregnant I can think of a few UPS.
FIRST- I may have some thick thighs- but I am rocking the huge belly right now. That means tight shirts look cute for once! 
SECOND- my hair is growing extremely fast. Although there is a negative there too... All my grays! I can't keep up with the hair color!
THIRD- the best one. Feeling you move. It's the one thing that blesses me at the end of every tiresome swollen day. I crawl into bed after soaking my sausage feet and you dance for me. We try to show Daddy but he only humors us. He doesn't understand our bond like we do.
 

I just know that in 5 weeks when I hold you in my arms, I may be swollen from fluids and not able to walk from surgery. Or exhausted from sleep deprivation because I was so excited to meet you the next day. Or how about the fact I may weigh more that day then I ever have in my entire life... I know that YOU make it all worth it. So I'll see you soon Miss Mary. You can come before surgery day if you like. I won't complain about that! 









No comments:

Post a Comment