Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Lincoln is TWO!


Lincoln- at age two you are 32 inches tall and 23.5lbs


Oh the little adorable things this boy does. Like the way he climbs up into our big ole bed and settles himself in by covering up with blankets. He will roll over to lay on his tummy while putting his head on the pillow. 
Or the way he gathers what he needs before hand- his cup, a peanut butter sandwich (thanks for smearing it on the sheets bud!) and the two remotes needed to work his favorite show- Mickey Mouse Club House- episode 1 million titled Goofy Baby. Oy! Don't get me going on his Mickey Mouse obsession. He can literally say every characters name on the show but he rarely says his actual family members names!


Oh the little adorable things this boy does. 
Like the way he will come tug on your finger to pull you from your seat so he can show you what he needs. Like how he needs to go outside or he needs you to make him a big cup of yogurt that he insists on feeding to himself and he ends up with a yogurt beard. 

Oh the NOT so adorable things this boy does. Every Time, and I mean every time, we leave the house to get in the van, he runs around a circle making me chasing him! He is just fast enough that he stays out of my sight! Super annoying and tiresome! It also gives me a mild heart attack every day. 

Oh the NOT so adorable things this boy does. Opening and closing the bathroom door constantly. You have locked yourself inside twice now. Not cool. 

The new words you have been saying:
Puppy
Popcorn (your favorite snack)
All gone
Phone (you think Mommy can't live without it. You are constantly bringing it to me)
Outside (one of your favorites. Playing outside)
Down
Show (again, Mickey Mouse!)
Door
Bubbles
Hot/Cold
Car- vroom! 
Teeth, nose, hair, eyes, toes, shoes, 

What's that?
Here (you) go
You ok? (When I blow my nose) 
I Pooh. 
I Hu He- that means "I need a drink." And no matter how many times I ask you to repeat "drink" you still say I Hu He. 

Instead of saying "Yes- or Yea" you say "OK." 
Lincoln? You want some popcorn? OK.
Lincoln? Did you poop? OK. Let's change your diaper. OK. 

I have enjoyed every possible second of every day watching this boy grow. I wouldn't say the last two years have flown. I feel like they were slow paced and completely special. I am looking forward to seeing Lincoln become the 'BIG BROTHER' to Baby Mary when she arrives in just 2 short months. I'm curious to see how the home dynamic will change. I'm incredibly grateful for the school year that Linc and I were able to spend alone. It was like he was an only child at times and I will treasure those memories forever! 

Lincoln, you had a nasty case of viral pink eye the week before your birthday. We've been to the doctor 3x for follow ups and medication! The last time we went the doctor told me it was the worst eye infection he had ever seen! Goodness! Luckily you were well enough by party day to still celebrate with friends. Mommy made you cup cakes and snacks and you spent the morning playing in your kiddy pool and running around the back yard with friends, the afternoon-napping, and the evening showing off to your grandparents and close family. You were so excited to receive every gift and you got to blow out candles several times- which you thought was awesome. You cheered YAY a lot!! 

You are officially TWO and still sleeping in momma and daddy's bed. We don't personally feel like it has been much of an issue. We love sharing that time with you but soon you will have a baby sister in that spot so we will be moving you to Brother's room by the end of the summer. Martin has mixed feelings about it. Sometimes he wants you in there and other times he wants you out. Oh the joy's of a small family home. It's all temporary. 

You love to sing. I catch you singing lots of little things but your favorites are:

Row Row Row your boat.- thanks to a cute little book you have, you will usually run to get the book so we can sing it together.

We will, We will, Rock you. - Martin has a singing tooth brush that plays this song, and you have enjoyed carrying it around quite a bit. 

Twinkle Twinkle. - this song may have came from Emi who likes to sing it to you when you are upset. She is such a great big sister! 

No comments:

Post a Comment