Saturday, November 22, 2014

LINC LINC Is 1.5 Years Old!

Goodness, the last six months have wizzed by. Martin and Emi started school and Lincoln and I have been enjoying our quiet days at home sipping coffee, lunch, snuggles, and the occasional trips to target. He is certainly my little buddy and he is really starting to become his own little person with each passing day. 
So at 1.5 lets talk skills. Motor skills. Speaking skills. Smooching skills.
Linc is awesome at all things throwing and hitting. He digs in the kitchen drawers dragging out spatchulas and spoons and runs around smacking the family with them. He then cracks up and chunks it as far across the room as he can. He throws everything he picks up. it doesnt matter if its a teeny tiny ball or a plastic tractor the size of a basketball. He chunks its all and if you are in his path you better duck or get out of the way. 
Dancing is another favorite of his. It started out with a little marching technic but now he's started spinning and swaying from one foot to another. It's adorable and he is certainly a ham for the camera. 
Speaking. Well, unfortunately thanks to the lovely green paci clipped to his top 24/7, Linc isnt talking as much as Martin and Emi were at this age. He says MOMMY, DADDY, DRINK (which sounds more like 'TEE') NINNY (His milk, which sounds more like 'TEE') as well. He says BYE and waves happily, especially when I am picking him up from the nursery at church. He knows he's about to see freedom and waves goodbye to everyone! He said DOGGY the other day while he was helping me brush Christopher. Adorbs! He says BUHBUH we he is mad at Martin. In fact- he has shrieked it in anger on more then one occasion. But his favorite word of all time has got to be GO. I say "GOTTA GO- TIME TO GO GET THE KIDS." And he runs to the door... GOOOOOO!!!!! Also back to the throwing objects thing- We say READY- SET- and Linc will finish GOOOOOOO!!! *chunk whatever hard plastic object he is holding* 
He also says OWE. If he bonks his head or even while I'm combing his hair... His response is "Owe". 
Smooching. Lincoln is getting the smooching thing down. Right now it is a full open mouth slobbery kiss... Aw so sweet... But yuck- proceed to wipe slime from your chin kinda kiss. I am trying to teach him to pucker!
WEANING. Everyone just sigh with me. One- two- three- SIIIIIGH!!!! 
So this boy is stubborn and likes his little life just the way it is. He is still nursing 3-5x a day. And night times are the worst. He sleeps with Dustin and I still, which doesnt help. Last night he was screaming at midnight for his ninny even though he had already had his bedtime feed. He cried and cried and crawled out of Dustin's arms over to me. Gave me some slobber on my chin and sweetly pointed and said "TEE?" 
Awwwww!!! Who can say no to that?! He is working me over!  
So to wrap it all up- the past 18 months have been such a blessing to me. Lincoln is still my little baby and I'm not rushing him to grow up to soon. LOVE YOU LINKY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment